Your time, talent and special touch are greatly needed. In return, enjoy new friendships and a great deal of personal satisfaction. Volunteers help make that difference. By offering their time, our volunteers provide support, encouragement and a fresh perspective to patients and the hospital. In return, volunteers become part of our family, and they join the team of physicians, nurses, staff members and others who make our patients feel at home.
Volunteer opportunities exist in many areas, 8:00am - 8:00pm seven days a week. The Auxiliary Officers work closely with each new volunteer to find an assignment that matches his or her interests, skills, and motivation.
- All applications must be completed and submitted April 1 - April 30, 2016 to the Volunteer Services office.
- Applications will be considered on a first-come basis, according to date received.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications are also available in the Volunteer Services office Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. during the month of April.
Benefits of Volunteering
In addition to helping others and meeting new friends, you may also enjoy the chance to learn new skills and develop new interests. As a volunteer at Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, you will be invited to an annual recognition banquet, participate in hospital social activities, and receive service pins, and a complimentary meal in the hospital cafeteria for each four-hour shift you volunteer. The rewards are great!
If you are available for four hour shifts, one or several times a week, and would like to volunteer for a worthwhile cause, we need you! You must over age 18 and be able to commit to a minimum of one year of service.
- Background Check (provided by hospital)
- Written Application
- Interview with Membership Chairperson
- PPD Tuberculin Skin Test (provided by hospital)
- Attend Hospital Orientation
- Purchase of Uniform
- Ability to Work 50 hours or more Annually
- Yearly Payment of $5.00 Dues
Please consider volunteering at Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute.
Volunteer Opportunities Contact
The Volunteer office is open Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm, or call (772) 468-4443 for more information.